Bothell, WA asked in Tax Law, Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Washington

Q: What is the best way to approach the fact that my Husband is not disclosing his actual income? Do I bring it up?

For 10 years he has said he didnt have his taxes filed, he produced fake paystubs with bank statements for different periods. He has never complied with LFLR 10. This is a post secondary support that is now a full modification and they are saying it hasnt been 2 years HELP!!! There reallly is a sig change. I keep getting laid off due to my daughter at 17 has major depression and keeps trying to kill herself and is a late stage alcoholic/addict. I think, as well as my bosses, that I now have ADD but cant function with this all going on. She is now heavily in the juvinelle justice system, she willingly went to treatment but only after 5 days in ICU and then 4 in the mental ward at childrens. I had to borrow money to get her into a place right away cause now she is shooting heroin...4.0 student 3 months later here comes the Fs. Meanwhile my older perfect cheerleader girl with a minor learning disability that wants to be a DDS needs help. I cant get it becasue of back taxes. HELP?

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew M Montoya
Matthew M Montoya
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Lone Tree, CO

A: Contact a tax attorney immediately. If you are a low income taxpayer, you can go to a low income taxpayer clinic in your state.

This is very serious and shouldn't be handled by yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.