Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Janta Steele
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Washington on
Q: In WA does a legal heir have a right to a full accounting from the executor of where the estate's money is going?

I'm a legal heir in my deceased dad’s estate that is currently going through probate in Washington State. Under Washington State law does a legal heir have any legal rights to request from the estate's executor an itimized inventory of the estate's liabilities showing who the... View More

Janta Steele
Janta Steele
answered on May 1, 2024

Good afternoon,

Yes, it is possible to request an accounting from the the executor (aka "Personal Representative") of the estate under RCW 11.68.065 if your situation meets all of the following criteria:

a) you are a beneficiary with an interest in the estate;

View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.