Spartanburg, SC asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: my son was with a group of kids an beat up another student. My son then put a BB gun to scare him.

The kid they beat up broke into my sons best friends house so they took matters in their own hands. This is his first offence and he has never been in trouble. He admitted he was hanging out with the wrong crowd. What will happen to him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allison Brandt Blackwelder
Allison Brandt Blackwelder
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Your son could face serious criminal charges, as could his friends. I would contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect his rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.