Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah

Q: I want to see if I can get extra time with my son. I had to move due to military, and I am in a different state.

It's costly to see him one weekend a month. And if we ask for extra time she tries to take it out of summer time. I would like to see if I could get more time in the summer. My current partner and I have a little boy together and my son doesn't get to spend the time that both we and he would like to spend with him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody
  • Military Law Lawyer

A: You should contact a family law attorney in the jurisdiction that has control over the timesharing agreement to seek a modification based on changed circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.