Utah Military Law Questions & Answers

Q: I run a charity for military families. We wear multi-cam's with our patches fully identified upon them.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Mar 14, 2019
Mike Branum's answer
I can not think of a law which would allow them to take action against you to restrain you from wearing an article of clothing merely because it resembles a military uniform. To provide you with more constructive legal advice I would need more information about who "A group of people" are and what authority they believe they have to control what your group does.

I never charge a consultation fee for military members or veterans. I will extend the same courtesy to a military / veteran...

Q: Will the incident in US affect the K1 I have with my filipina fiancee?

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, International Law and Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Feb 28, 2017
Kyndra Mulder's answer
The incident may effect her if the government concludes that she was attempting to avoid statutory requirements. However, it sounds like you had documentation to show that this was not the case.

Q: I want to see if I can get extra time with my son. I had to move due to military, and I am in a different state.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Feb 20, 2017
Patrick Korody's answer
You should contact a family law attorney in the jurisdiction that has control over the timesharing agreement to seek a modification based on changed circumstances.

Q: Can my judge court order me not to see my husband

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Sep 9, 2015
Jefferson S Cannon's answer
Short answer is yes. It really depends on the circumstances and what is going on with both parties. A judge may be stating that it is in the best interest of your husband to not have you in his presence due to drug matters. It is really hard to say more without additional facts.

Q: Can my judge court order me not to see my husband

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Sep 7, 2015
Brian K Jackson's answer
A judge can issue a no contact order based on a criminal circumstance or a civil petition from the other party for similar criminal allegations.

Q: Is it legal for signed military doccuments to not be sent up the chain of command?

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Utah on
Answered on Apr 2, 2015
Philip D. Cave's answer
If you are facing a DD, that means you are pending general court-martial for some serious allegations.

Yes, an administrative elimination can be stopped if he intent is to conduct a court-martial or other disciplinary action.

If instead of a GD they are now seeking an OTH, then you should speak with the local military defense counsel for advice on contesting at a Board hearing, etc. They can represent you for free.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.