Englewood, OH asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: After a rear end collision caused by backed up traffic on the crest of a hill I was issued a citation for careless

Driving. The sheriff spelled my last name incorrectly as in completely wrong when I pointed out to him he said to call and the county clerk would call him to verify and then it would be removed. This occurred in St Johns county Florida. What is my recourse.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Antoine Dumas Jr.
Antoine Dumas Jr.
  • Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You would need to provide a little more information. Were you ticketed for rear-ending someone or for something else? Are you trying to determine if the ticket can be thrown out because of the misspelling of your last name? I'd suggest reaching out to an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.