Honolulu, HI asked in Criminal Law for Hawaii

Q: If someone is being convicted for drug charges class A B & C and it is the first time what are chance of no prison time?

Can a dagp be used to keep out of doing prison time and only probation in drug convictions?

What can be done to avoid a possible open 10 year sentence for drug charges?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Barry Lloyd Sooalo
Barry Lloyd Sooalo
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Honolulu, HI
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: Whether you are sentenced to prison or not will depend on too many factors to discuss in this forum. Your past criminal history, if any, is relevant to the Court's inquiry. Selling drugs v using drugs is also relevant to this issue. Conduct since arrest is also relevant. Fortunately for you, the Hawaii legislature recently passed a number of laws that might assist you in making sure you don't got to prison for drug offenses of the type you describe above. Your best bet at this time is to contact an attorney who knows the state of affairs as regards the current options available to you on the facts of your case. Barry Sooalo. 808-754-5669.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.