Sterling Heights, MI asked in Wrongful Death for Michigan

Q: If my spouse was hurt in a car accident in Indiana but later died in Michigan where we live,

which state would I file a wrongful death claim in?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Andrew Miller
T. Andrew Miller pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: I strongly recommend you consult a personal injury attorney about this matter. Issues such as venue and jurisdiction can be just as important as the damages and causation issues in the case. My Office offers free consultations and handles car accident and wrongful death claims across the country

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Indiana. Contact a member of the Indiana trial lawyers association in the county where it happened. If you need the names of some I can get them for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.