Denver, CO asked in Landlord - Tenant and Libel & Slander for Colorado

Q: Current apartment manager put false info on my credit report says we were evicted 7 time from place we still live at

The report state seven evictions for property we still live at late fee is 100 firstday and ten every day to paid. Trying to move lease up March 30i can't find place until credit is fixed I have never been evicted and have no judgements with the court appfolio is investigating but I'm running out of time I have already lost app fee while looking but now I will never find a place to this is fixed I also have a disability case pending and will be in the street in just a few weeks my average late fee was 180 per month and 210 more if filled for court. Always paid before court date is there some sort of cap on late fee because these are crazy that's why I have struggled since they took over. My main concern is the credit report and can I sue or have any recourse for this this?manager know we still reside here so why would she report eviction

1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: There are civil means to punish a party who wrongfully places items on a credit report. This is best discussed with a lawyer on an individual basis and will not produce immediate results. For faster results contact the credit reporting agencies about making a claim for inaccurate or false reporting. The agencies do not work terribly fast, but if you present the correct documentation, the items will be removed (this part can be done both with or without a lawyer).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.