Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Arizona

Q: My home was robbed i know who did it but the police pushed it away. What can i do

My home was robbed by a friend of mine she was the only one in the home and then within minutes we knew everything was taken and the police were called she also had warrants and other things we did not know about going on through the state. the federal police department wanted to go after her but then told me the AdA of my state stopped it but wouldn't tell me why and told me I couldn't do anything else to continue I feel like they were worried my case would interrupt their case and pushed it to the side is there anything I can do or refile knowing who it was and what was taken and the fact that she was on probation when this happened and her husband is on fed probation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tevis Steven Reich
Tevis Steven Reich
  • Flagstaff, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You may have a civil claim against her. Proving it however may be difficult, especially if the police and local law enforcement felt they had insufficient evidence to pursue the matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.