Q: Where to find an attorney to fight for loss of consortium claim?
1. Legally separated couple
2. Husband was rear ended and settled his claim separately with third party insurance company.
3. Since they are legally separated now wife's loss of consortium claim is still alive.
4. Insurance company is offering only $1000 to settle that claim and wife is not ready to accept that amount.
5. But when they tried to find an attorney to fight for loss of consortium claim its very tough.
6. Where should they look for such attorney?
7. At the time of filing lawsuit they were married and that attorney withdrew so currently they don't have an attorney.
A: Contact a member of the f Washington State Association for Justice. They give free consults. My advice--take the 1000. Only rarely are there significant amounts for loss of consortium. Yours may be a uniquely compelling case, but generally juries take the position it's for better or worse, spouse doesn't get extra unless the injured spouse is in a wheelchair.
Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.
The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.
Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.