Asked in Collections for Alabama

Q: Can I do anything about a company calling me about a debt that is already written off.

I've asked them to stop calling me and they continue to do so they have told me they can't Sue me for this debt and it has already been written off. It is no longer on my credit report either.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If the collections account is past the statute of limitations, it's non collectible. Next time they call tell them that pursuant to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, they cannot continue to contact you. This is the buzz say that and POOF!! They will stop calling you....hope that helps!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.