Austin, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: Can I get custody of my 2 year old daughter she recently had another I think it's mine but she gave the baby foradoption

We been together since 2012 I got a desmetic violece case in 2015 an did my time in 2016 of July when I went to jail she was 2 months pregnant then she told me she had a miscarriage I didn't see her until November of 2016 she said she was a seragrent mother she gave birth in January she was only 20 can I get a dna test for that baby she gave up

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman

A: Your first step should be to consult with a family lawyer that specializes in family law near you, particularly because of the past criminal charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.