Asked in Federal Crimes and Military Law

Q: Can you be charged with adultry when having sex with other soilders wife , but was found innocent on rape charges.

We had a party were drinking my husband had sex with soilders wife & she charged him rape because her husband didnt know& didnt want him to leave her but my husband was found innocent , can he still get charged adultry ? What are the consequences?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody
  • Military Law Lawyer

A: Absolutely. The consequences vary - sometimes adultery (a violation of Article 134, UCMJ) is dealt with at Article 15 or through a counseling. Sometimes it is dealt with at court-marital. I imagine your husband has an attorney - it is best he speaks with that attorney. If he doesn't have an attorney, he should get one.

Robert Donald Gifford II agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.