Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: I need help about fraud

Hello i keep my money in my moms bank account. I recently sent $500 to my friend.

My moms not reporting me for some reading she wants to report my friend. She wants to tell her bank my friends stealing. "Will my "friend" get introuble. As it is it shows my account with my... Read more »

Rhonda Mae Hixon
Rhonda Mae Hixon answered on Nov 30, 2020

It sounds like your mother controls your money, and she didn't okay you sending it to your 'friend'. Unless the friend obtained the money through fraudulent means, or took advantage of you to get it, it's not clear how the friend would be in trouble. If you are having second... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets, DUI / DWI and Federal Crimes for Illinois on
Q: I went 90 mph in a 60 mph highway. I got pulled over and got no ticket but got court and I dont know what to do.
Brandon K. Davis
Brandon K. Davis answered on Nov 30, 2020

Because it is a criminal offense (with a mandatory court appearance), having an attorney is recommended. Aggravated speeding 26-34 mph over the limit is a class b misdemeanor. Technically, it is punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a $1500 fine. Depending on certain factors, it may be possible... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Traffic Tickets for North Carolina on
Q: i got a traffic violation , I took the class driving class last year , and im also on probation . any steps to take ?

I need to know what i do next to prevent myself from going to jail and also making my insurance go up to $500 .

Amanda Bowden Houser
Amanda Bowden Houser answered on Nov 28, 2020

The short answer is to hire a local traffic attorney in the area where you got the ticket. There may be something you can do yourself such as requesting a PJC or attending a Safe Driving Class for a reduction but these options can have unforeseen consequences based on your prior driving record and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Ohio on
Q: How can i get my case off public records
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams answered on Nov 28, 2020

If it’s an eligible conviction, you can apply to seal the record. Speak privately with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Minnesota on
Q: hi, i am trying to see if Carmen Wells Hudson has a criminal record here in the state of Missouri?

such as in; fraud, or the defendant of the witchcraft area?

William Bailey
William Bailey answered on Nov 27, 2020

The information on how to run a criminal background check in Missouri can be found at

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on
Q: Arrested and serve time in a state you don't reside in. Do you HAVE to do probation in that state?

My Uncle resides in NY, and is serving time in Florida. He wrote me and said that he may get out soon and says he has to do 3 years probation in Florida, and told him it can't be transfer to NY. How can they make to stay in a state you don't reside in?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Nov 26, 2020

Because probation is a substitute for doing the time in prison, also in Florida. Which would he rather do?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Pennsylvania on
Q: How long do you get for credit card fraud by using a strangers card

Was asked to get something for co-worker on break and I thought the card that I had used was the co-workers card and put it in my pocket and used it. Ended up that it wasn't my co-workers card after all. Since I was last used by card holder at my place of work they matched up the video... Read more »

Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein answered on Nov 24, 2020

It is a felony of the 3rd degree. Maximum is 3.5-7 years. Call a lawyer. The lawyer can call the police officer to see if charges are pending. If they are, a lawyer can make arrangements to turn you in rather than the police coming to arrest you. You need legal representation so start calling... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: A prosecutor ordered a stipulated protective order on a discovery for a federal criminal case. What does that mean?

Should the stipulated order be agreed with or should it be rejected? And what are the outcomes for either

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Nov 23, 2020

more info needed.

did you have a lawyer? ask him/her

however, a stipulated order means that all sides have agreed upon it.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Criminal Law, Elder Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: The Law is very clear on conspiracy well my family when my father died they had this fami;ly meeting that didnt includem

well they had a family meetinmg they didnt want me to know about he told a sister under me to carry out all the eveil things they all agreeed on they abandoned me she went on the bribe all my friends she bribed my two daughters they stole my identity it took me over a year just two get my dvr... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Nov 23, 2020

more info would be helpful but i don't handle this type of case.

type up an easy to read summary and then call lawyers in your area.

the way you describe it I think many lawyers would be scared off.....

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Wrongful Death for Florida on
Q: If i plead guilty to sales and being investigated for a death resulting will they charge me if i plead out to the sales

I have been being investigated for a year now for a death resulting. I havent plead guilty to my sales charges from a year ago because im afraid if i do they are going to charge me with the dealth resulting. Im doing so good now and just had a baby and have been sober for a year and did lots of... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Nov 23, 2020

Your case is in New Hampshire, but you posted this inquiry to Fla. attorneys, who cannot advise you unless they happen to be a member of the New Hampshire Bar. In any event, this is definitely not an issue that you can get an answer to from any attorney, anywhere, simply by posting an on-line... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Indiana on
Q: How much to retain an attorney or a level 2 felony meth charge with 2 priors
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Nov 22, 2020

Attorneys will not generally quote fees in public forums like this. I suggest you contact me or other attorneys privately through this site. For one thing, in order to quote a fee, an attorney would need to discuss the facts of your case, and you definitely do not want to do that publicly!

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: A friend has been charged with aggravated Kidnapping involving a victim being murdered. This is his first time offense

At the moment he’s only being charged with aggravated kidnapping however one of the victims was murdered during the kidnapping what is the ideal sentencing if found guilty

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Nov 22, 2020

Murder during Kidnapping is one of the ways to commit the offense of Capital Murder. So, if they actually charge him with that and win a conviction, the only possible sentences are Life Without Parole or Death. An exception is if he was age 17 or younger at the time of the offense, in which case... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Internet Law for California on
Q: question about finding help for friend in California

So I have a friend whom met someone on an app he pretended to be female, once he learned her name and city he found where she lived and went to her home and threatened her and her son, she did what she could to keep them both safe then once she felt she was safe as was her son she reported him to... Read more »

David Michael Lehr
David Michael Lehr answered on Nov 21, 2020

Booking can take hours. She is where the "crimes" occurred. Call a local attorney.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: My step daughter is 18 years old first time arrested she was transporting illegal immigrants Del Rio Tx.since Nov16

I don't what to do we live in Austin Texas. It' s her first time being arrested she's 18 yrs. of age. And not knowing any information it's devastating. Not even a call. We didn't know she had lefted out to Del Rio

Edgardo Rafael Baez
Edgardo Rafael Baez answered on Nov 19, 2020

I know the feeling but her lawyer should be able to tell you something about your daughter. Blessings!

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: My boyfriend is a 2 striker on high level parole and recently was pulled over due to not being current with parole.

he was arrested and charges felon in pos of firearm pc25850(a)m and pc 29800(A)(1 f) and then the hs 11378 F for pos controlled substance for sale. he seems to think he is done for looking at 10+ years he has no prior gun charges what are we looking at here? how much time can he get

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Nov 16, 2020

more info needed.

his private or public defender attorney is the best person to ask.

s/he has all the information in front of them and you don/t

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for New Jersey on
Q: I am a minor, and I may be charged with a 3rd degree felony. The amount of money that was taken was $6,000 from my job.

What may be the charges and what can happen.

The company said they would not press charges, but it wasn't on paper.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq. answered on Nov 14, 2020

It would be the same as if you were an adult. It's a third degree case which subjects you up to 3 to 5 years in jail $15,000 fine probation and restitution as required by the court. If you do get charged to make sure your parents hire a good lawyer for you to reduce or eliminate these penalties.

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California on
Q: Hi I am being threatened and have been taken hotage more than 7 times by a man claiming he has been hired by the police.

I am currently in anza and have filed a police report once but because I was discouraged I decided to stop however after letting the police know he had a firearm nothing was done and he took me 2 .more times and almost killed me. I have text showing his threats and plenty of footage from the casino... Read more »

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Nov 13, 2020

Kidnapping is a federal offense. If you are not getting satisfaction with your local police, you should contact the FBI.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Kentucky on
Q: Who can I contact about an emergency self surrender date extension
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Nov 12, 2020

Have your attorney contact the prosecutor.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: If my brother left his weapon at the house in a rush and resulting in my partner getting charged for it.

Will a affidavit help at all in court cause its my siblings but my parter is already a felon ..

Hon. Richard W. B. Davis
Hon. Richard W. B. Davis answered on Nov 12, 2020

It might. You would increase your likelihood of success if you got a criminal defense lawyer involved.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Real Estate Law for Maryland on
Q: Can The Owner Of Land Call The Police / Unlawful Detainer Regarding Adverse Possession

Regarding Adverse Possession Or (Adverse Possession Squatting Rights And And Is Trespassing Loitering BNE Under Adverse Possession Or Squatting Rights

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Nov 11, 2020

A person occupying or upon property they do not own and does not leave when asked, or returns after being told not to come on the land, is trespassing, and if that same person opens and enters any structure or building on the land, regardless of whether they were told not to be on the property, has... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.