Chino, CA asked in Probate, Real Estate Law and Business Law for California

Q: I inherited 50%of a property through probate.Uncle collects rents Wont send me my half or accounting.Also,can he getLoan

What can i do if my uncle wont send me half the money he collects from rents and laundry income like he's suppose to? He wont give me any accounting either. I need to know if its true that no money is left over like he tells me. Ive written to him and ive called him asking him to send me my money every month and i also ask for accounting to this property but i get nothing from him. Another thing is, I think he took out an equity line of credit but i dont know how this can be done Doesnt the bank need my signature also? Is he allowed to just take out loans on the property without me knowing? It doesnt seem right to me but im not sure.

1 Lawyer Answer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can initiate a probate matter to insist on an accounting and your rights to assets. See:

More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.