Minneapolis, MN asked in Personal Injury for North Dakota

Q: My 7 year old son nearly drowned in a half frozen retention pond a couple days ago. Would anh attorneys take this case?

Our property management put a retention pond right on the side of our condo (neighbors side) and directly across from our neighborhood park. They have no signs or fence. My son was playing street hockey with a large group of neighbor kids when a group decided to climb a snow hill, my son slipped down the hill into a half frozen retention pond in 40 degree weather.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas Nelson
Nicholas Nelson
  • Wahpeton, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Yes, I believe you could find an attorney to take the case. It may fall under the legal claim of an "attractive nuisance". Seek and attorney on this issue.

Peter D Morowski agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.