Meeker, CO asked in Medical Malpractice for Colorado

Q: Can I sue a hospital and doctor for failing to treat a bleeding disorder, discharged me- I later had transf and surgery.

I went to the hospital mid September, heavy period that wouldn't stop. Dr dismissed me, saying stop bleeding and see gyno. He printed up a Canadian illegal pharmacy with the suggestion to look into those meds. A month later, still bleeding, I went back to another doctor after passing out, had to have 6 blood transfusions. Hemotologist says now he can't properly test me until meds and transfusion blood is clear from my system. Had to have hysterectomy to finally stop bleeding, surgery was complicated by lack of knowledge, caused by lack of original testing when I first started bleeding.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Maybe. Contact a lawyer that specializes in medical malpractice. Unless the attorney is a doctor and knowledgeable with your specific medical situation (which is very unlikely), the lawyer will likely send you to another doctor (an "expert") to evaluate whether the prior diagnosis was negligent and/or the treatment caused you harm. Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingent fee basis (if direct payment is a problem) and most offer free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.