Bronx, NY asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Social Security and White Collar Crime for New York

Q: My mother was disabled with an disability, with over a hundred different kind of prescription medications.

I have been living with my mother for the past ten years, she been taking over 100 different prescription medications. A walker wheelchair and living without ADA in her building, no elevator, no ramp. My mother had to wait for me to take down her walker wheelchair, and wait for me to help her up stairs, everyday. Shopping, cleaning, pet care, and others. The cause of her death anxiety, stress, depression, that lead to brain damage loss, unconsciousness, bye being treated differently. Is this a lawsuit case to begin with?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You may consider contacting a medical malpractice attorney. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. Re: ADA violations, see:

The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.