Amherst, NH asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for New Hampshire

Q: Can I purchase a firearm in New Hampshire?

Back in 2000 I'm was convicted of felony marijuana sales charge. I was sentenced to 2yrs probation and a 12mo suspended. Part of my plea deal was that upon completion of probation the charge would be reduced to misdemeanor possession, which it was. Can I purchase/possess a firearm? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph D Garrison
Joseph D Garrison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franconia, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: You need to look into annulment. If you are able to annul the charge, then you should be able to possess a firearm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.