Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for New Hampshire on
Q: On June 22 my nephew came into my home, I asked if he was armed. He refused to answer. He did say I should be afraid of

My nephew and his wife were going to lease my house but because of a disagreement with the pet section of the lease, he, his wife and his father came to my house on June 22. When I told them that the pet section was clearly written, they began to swear and yell at me. As this melee escalated, I... Read more »

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden answered on Jun 24, 2020

I am not sure I heard a question. It seems more like a statement. It also appears as though you are concerned about your safety and if you think a crime has occurred you may want to report it to the police.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: Can a x gf whom moved out 3dys ago break into my house which i own an remove stuff with out me there?

Girl friend leaves me moves to another state 3 days later breaks into my house throu a window, gets her belonging, my sons which thers no court order on custody an takes some of my stuff... i called the cops an they said nothin they can do settle it in small claims...

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Jun 1, 2019

If the only thing she took was her own property and no or little damage occurred to house, i believe they were exercising their discretionary authority to not pursue criminal charges

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for New Hampshire on
Q: My son who is disabled had a verbal lease month to month with his girlfriend. In the process an aquatance established .

Residency and wont leave. Can the landlord hold me or my son responsible for this person who wont leave?

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Nov 5, 2018

If in fact, as you state, she has a month to month tenancy, then you have to give her 30 days notice to quit the apartment. These cases are tricky, if she won't leave, you should hire an landlord tenant attorney. attorney Brian Shaughnessy is the attorney I use to evict my own tenants. He is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for New Hampshire on
Q: Can a pickup truck towing a fifth wheel camper tow a small utility type trailer behind it
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 18, 2018

Unlikely --and very dangerous--even if you can, you don't want to.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for New Hampshire on
Q: Yes my manager says I owe on rent and has given me 3 days to vacate or have the police remove me. Can she do that

She cited a 2010 statue RSA 540:9.

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on May 6, 2018

This is a landlord/tenant question not a civil rights question, only the government can violate your civil rights. There are not enough facts to indicate the type of Lease or rental agreement you have, but in order to force an eviction, it has to be done through the courts. make sure you have been... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Contracts and Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Can you write a contract knowing it is a violation of the US Constitution

Can you write a contract knowing it is a violation of the US Constitution

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Apr 4, 2018

What kind of a contract would the persons be writing that has to do with the US Constitution?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Civil Rights for New Hampshire on
Q: (racism) one of my professor she behaved with me and my wife in front what can I do I can't prove it

First appointment she told me you will not continue on this program . Many times ask me to change my seat . When I try to figure why I get that grade And try to ask her how can I improve she have an answer before I ask my question. For example if I have a question related to the lecture she told... Read more »

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Dec 8, 2017

The best option is to contact the Dean of the school and file a complaint immediately. You can also find the student representative that was most likely assigned to you when you started school. You may also be able to file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission in Concord, NH. Good Luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Can I purchase a firearm in New Hampshire?

Back in 2000 I'm was convicted of felony marijuana sales charge. I was sentenced to 2yrs probation and a 12mo suspended. Part of my plea deal was that upon completion of probation the charge would be reduced to misdemeanor possession, which it was. Can I purchase/possess a firearm? Any help... Read more »

Joseph D Garrison
Joseph D Garrison answered on Apr 1, 2017

You need to look into annulment. If you are able to annul the charge, then you should be able to possess a firearm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.