Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: Can a child that is 16 about to be 17 leave home if drugs are in home?

My now ex moved his kids mother back into our home along with his other kids. Everyone besides the 16 ur old is on drugs. They are in the home doing them as we speak. How can I take her with me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Take her with you where? To a different state? Where is he and where are you - PA or OH? Is he ex-husband from a divorce, or ex-boyfriend? Is there a parenting agreement or custody order from a court - from which state? If so, what does it say about custody and moving? If there are good reasons to change the order, then file with the court to change it and you then can provide evidence and testimony about why changes are needed. Use the find a lawyer tab to contact a local family law attorney in the state where any court order was issued, to review all the facts and discuss your options.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.