Denver, CO asked in Business Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Colorado

Q: does a probation officer in Denver Colorado have the authority to modify or change the conditions of probation?

I'm the property manager of a local motel. My wife& I were hired as a team,only she was terminated after the owner found out that wife had filed a complaint with the U.S. D.O.L. &found owner in violation and an assessment was made for collection of back wages. That 9 months ago. New mngrs were guests that had fallen behind in rent. They have intercepted mail, thrown away mail from our auto insurance & our policy was cancelled. They have told lies about us to Lakewood police dept and every person that walks in the door. I have saved several incidents to prove these accusations from security films. They most recently called my PO and told her I was selling drugs & not reporting all income. My PO stopped by&. was told that I was not here and was no longer the Property Manager. Now im being violated& sent to DOC if I am not living somewhere else with a new job so they can garnish wages in 30 days. owner called P.O. after which I was fired & kicked out. P.O. now believes Im lying

1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: This is a direct legal question. Justa's Q&A is not intended to provide specific legal opinions or advice because this would create an attorney-client relationship. You will need to contact an attorney directly.

As a general rule probation officers have limited powers related to the oversight of the parole. That is, the officer can approve, revoke or provide conditions for continued compliance. There is also an office appeal system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.