Dallas, TX asked in Car Accidents for Texas

Q: Hit by a co. truck whom was driving a 2012 F550 (recall) Power Train: Automatic Transmission (totaled my car).

Whom was driving illegally in the HOV lane because it was over 1 ton and one driver. He hit the vehicle behind me then my car. I do have full coverage on my car as well as bodily injury on my coverage. Do I need to get an attorney? Will my insurance be able to rectify this matter?

okay, so It is the driver whom is at fault despite the recall that the co. is claiming? It is the co. whom we take to court correct?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Pate Harrelson
Steven Pate Harrelson
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes, you need to hire an attorney. In the meantime, you should organize all documents regarding the property damage, your medical treatment, lost wages (if any), and the accident report. Additionally, preserve any photographs you have of the damage of the vehicle(s).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.