Port Republic, MD asked in Child Custody and DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: I have sole joint custody of my three year old,I got falsely accused of a DUI while my daughter was in the car so....

I asked her father to come and get her,cps ruled that she was to stay with her father temporarily. There is no document proving the guide lines of her findings and rules/regulations. Her father also.filed for emergency custody and was denied. Since there is no documents provided stating why I'm not allowed to have my daughter back should I be able to go get her since I still legally have sole custody. Also.Innocent until proven guilty which is why emergency custody was denied. My case will.be 5/31/2017. What are the rules for a case like this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas J. Maronick Jr
Thomas J. Maronick Jr
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Glen Burnie, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: We handle cases like this regularly. In a DUI there are a lot of factors that go into the case becoming fightable. Issues such as custody are handled other lawyers in my firm. The most important thing is that you get the criminal/DUI matter resolved. The issue is that one court is family the other is criminal. But the DUI could have a bearing on the other case so I would want that resolved favorably first. Like any other case question, you can feel free to call us for a confidential, free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.