Seattle, WA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: Hi. I caught my pediatric oral surgeon having an affair with my wife (Seattle, WA). I have damages. Can I sue?

Relationship lasted 7 months. I have lots of email that document relationship including dentist stating inappropriateness of the relationship. Some conduct occurred in the clinic. A lot of it was overnight via email and mostly an emotional affair. I think he is a predator in my community and I want him gone. My damages are: personal counseling ($175/hr), loss of work (weeks to months at $150k/yr), expensive divorce, loss on family, emotional damage for life. Is there a case here? I have called a couple of easily found large firms on line, but haven't connected with anyone yet.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Contact a member of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Assn--there used to be a case for alienation of affections, for such cases. You won't get everything but worth looking at.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.