East Liberty, OH asked in Adoption and Family Law for Ohio

Q: my 17 year old wants to live with people, not family. How can not be responsible if she gets into trouble while there?

She has been in trouble before and I don't trust that she won't cause trouble again. Is there a way to give legal responsibility to the family who has talked her in to this? She is adopted and I am a single parent. My ex-husband does not visit or help with the kids.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Yes, there is a legal process for that. But since she will soon be 18, it might not be worth going through the legal process and the expense. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to consult a local family law attorney to review all the facts and advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.