Lubbock, TX asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Family Law for Texas

Q: How would I get my child back from family members who do not have legal custody of?

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If a family member does not have legal custody, meaning any rights of conservatorship, then contact the nearest Constable Office for assistance to get back your child. If a family member receive your child through CPS (child protective service) there may be an order issued by the Court. In other words, no one has a right superior to yours absent a court order.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.