Atlanta, GA asked in Divorce, Immigration Law and Child Support for Georgia

Q: Need to file application for abandonment. He moved out of country. What can I do?

Coweta county residence since 2004. He is an Irish citizen. Abandoned now for 3 months with 3 kids, mortgage, etc. He refuses to offer any support. Told me to take him to court. What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should hire a family law attorney and file for divorce on the grounds of abandonment. This is going to involve some complex legal issues including child support, alimony and international service so I recommend that you find a good family law attorney and get some help with this. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.