Elizabeth, NJ asked in Family Law for New Jersey

Q: can i represent my self for joint custody

how do i get paper work to fill out and how much is the fee i live in elizabeth nj

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Michael A. Conte

  • Pennington, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You can represent yourself in family court for a custody matter. I'm not sure what you mean, "represent myself for joint custody." In any case, go to the family courthouse in your county. They will provide you with the documents that you will need to fill out to address the issue and they will advise you of the cost for the filing fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.