Houston, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: My husband soon to be ex wants to take full custody of my daughter

, once I found out I was pregnant it old him he wanted me to get an abortion and he never wanted anything to do with her it didn't matter is she was his or not now that she's here he wants to take her away from me..... He lives with my parents in that house. There's someone that raped me and I don't want my daughter to be in that house he drinks and once he does he can't control himself his a harm once his drink and I don't want my daughter near him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unless he files for Paternity to become a Possessory Conservator, he has no rights to your child. Under the circumstances mentioned, I am certain, that you once retaining an attorney would be able to limit him to supervised visitation, which may take place in a safe house (if a paternity case is filed by him).

I also suggest filing a rape complaint against him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.