Jacksonville, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Texas


I am trying to get full custody of my daughter. I am a single mother, I have been taking care of my 5 year old daughter since she was born. Her father and I went to a mediation and got paperwork made, years later he wants to be involved in her life. I don't trust him because he used to be on drugs, tired to commit suicide TWICE, and doesn't have a stable home. Please help!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you have a custody case in court, you need to hire an experienced family law attorney. The attorney can review the mediated settlement agreement and look at the current situation and advise you as to how to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.