Asked in Car Accidents for Connecticut

Q: If an accident happens that isnt my fault and my car is totaled, can i sue for the amount owed after insurance?

A guy blew through a red light and hit the front end of my car. I am worried they are going to total it because it was definitely not driveable. I am sure the car is worth less than I owe on it and I do not have gap insurance. Should i hire an attorney to try and recoup the full amount of the car and enough for a down payment on another vehicle. I was also injured in the accident but very minor so I have not received any medical attention.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Stratford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You definitely should seek experienced legal counsel to take care of the multiple issues here. I would be happy to see you as soon as you are available, to get started moving forward. Please feel free to contact us 203.870.6700.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.