Denton, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: Can a judge force an unemployed wife from the home during temporary orders (no kids)

My attorney was not prepare for court as I hired him last minute. We only had two days before the hearing for temporary orders. My husband lied about everything in court on the stand for over 40 minutes. I only got to speak about 5 minutes and didn't get a chance to dispute his lies. I even have documents to show he lied. Nontheless. we were ambushed and I am unemployed and being forced to leave my home. Can I file a motion to modify temporary orders?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
Robert W. Leonard Jr.
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your attorney is the best person to ask, since the attorney was in court and has access to your current temporary orders. You will have to have the necessary evidence and facts to support your motion to modify. Without reviewing the case, it would be hard for me to give you a good answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.