West Helena, AR asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Arkansas

Q: How can I end my lease early?

My home has been broken into. Repairs aren't being done. My lease states landlord is responsible for repairs. I have in writing signed by landlord that repairs I told him about (In writing) would be done within a week of his reply. That was Nov 12, 2016. My car was broken into, vandalized & caught fire by the neighbor's son. A lot of Property has been stolen from me. I live in a trailer park. The trailer park maintenance worker has harrassed me. I'm pregnant. I don't want to fall, I just myself or get sick because repairs aren't being made. I need to have a safe healthy environment for me & my family. Also, my father lives with me. He is a disabled veteran.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon M Haubert
Brandon M Haubert
  • Cabot, AZ
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You need to take your lease to a lawyer for review. In Arkansas, generally in a party to a contract materially breaches the contract, then the other party is released from performing under the contract.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.