Navarre, FL asked in Child Support for North Carolina

Q: My Fiancee pays child support for 3 daughters in North Carolina. He lives in Florida. 2 daughters have turned 18.

When he called Child services in North Carolina they said child support will continue until the youngest who is 13 turns 18 unless he goes to court for reduction of child support. He cant afford to leave work to drive for Florida to North Carolina make court dates for this. Can he hire a paralegal to represent him in court? One daughter is going to college this year and he wants to help her with this. He is continuing to make all payments and health care, and extra money they may need, now and has never been behind in payments. Any info would help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Bianchi Tracht
Deborah Bianchi Tracht

A: Paralegals are not allowed to practice law and go to court, as they do not have a license to practice law. An attorney can do this for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.