Richmond, VA asked in Workers' Compensation for Virginia

Q: Can the Ins Co tell the employer to stop the weekly paychecks without notifying you or your Workman's Comp atty?

The employer and Ins Co signed this agreement , which they wrote , Employer was to pay weekly check ,we asked two different attys if he should sign and was told go ahead . now last week pay ck was returned to our bank so our bank charged our checking acct , amt of ck and ret ck fee . Today we were told no check and Health Ins expires end of month . ??? We are devastated at the turn of events especially with our atty office stating he wasnt aware of it .Our atty didnt have time to talk to us so he had the receptionist to handle it . Feel so helpless .... atty receptionist said the employer and Ins co are messing with us . Can we do anything ?

Related Topics:
Lawyers: To answer this question, please Log In to your account.
2 Lawyer Answers
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Hampton, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Schedule an appointment with your attorney to discuss this. The employer can be penalized for late payments.

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Richmond, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You signed an agreement for an award but was the award entered by the Virginia Workers Compensation Commission. You can call the Commission at 1-877-664-2566 to ask if your agreement was entered as an award. Also, you should contact your attorney to find out if an award was entered. If there is no award, then it up to your attorney to get you an award. You would need to talk to him about getting an "award" in your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.