Douglas, GA asked in Personal Injury, Internet Law and Sexual Harassment for Georgia

Q: I sent someone I met online some nude pictures of myself to his cellphone. After breaking up with him because...

...I realised he was violent, I broke up with him. After ignoring his texts and calls he sent the compromising photos to my ex-husband on Facebook in a post that was public. My son and his friends saw these photos before my ex deleted them. I deactivated my Facebook account but he apparently took a screenshot of all my friends and so now I face the fear of him doing the same thing again at any time. I don't know where he is located because we only talked on the phone for a couple of weeks. If I request a restraining order he could find out my address and I would have to see him in person which would be even more dangerous. What do I do? I'm absolutely shattered and humiliated. Please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: File a complaint with the police. This is a crime in most states. That should be enough to stop him, but you can always file a restraining order if necessary. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.