North Richland Hills, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: My niece has a protective order against her husband for her and there daughter. Cops won't retrieve the daughter???????

The husband took the daughter and ran off to another city and refused to return her. The protective order was signed after he had taken the daughter. Law enforcement in the city he took her to won't do anything without a Writ of attachment. If she gets the Writ of attachment will the cops go find him and remove the daughter or does the mother have to be at the location where the father is at and then hope the cops get there before he leaves and goes somewhere else.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Once you get a writ of attachment, the officer will retrieve the child and contact you or your attorney to pick up the child at the police station or a secured place. The officer will search other places for the child if a charge of kidnapping been accepted by the DA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.