Asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: What options do I have if I'm trying to get married with someone from Mexico.

I am U.S Citizen and he is from Mexico and is in Mexico. He has never entered the U.S and we want to do this the right way and get him protected without having to get deported .

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Amanda B Cook

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL

A: You best option is to seek a F1 visa, or "90 day fiance" visa. Talk to an immigration attorney about the forms you have to file and how long it will take.

Lindsay G Gray

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX

A: First of all, congratulations! In terms of petitioning for your fiancé, you mainly have two choices. You could get married in Mexico and do a spouse visa petition, or you could petition for him as a fiancé and marry in the U.S. There are variations to the two processes and I would definitely recommend speaking with an immigration lawyer. Kudos to the two of you for wanting to go about this process the right way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.