Huntersville, NC asked in Contracts and Libel & Slander for North Carolina

Q: A photographer has naked pictures of me from a photoshoot i want written proof he has deleted them but he will not

comply with my wishes. in the contract i signed i put my initials next to a set of descriptions of various clothed to naked pictures. i did not initial next to any descriptions of pictures where my genital areas could be fully viewed. So since the photographer claims i have no right to the pictures even though i did not give him written consent to keep those pictures how should i proceed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Will Blackton
Will Blackton
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: If you cannot resolve the matter personally, your best bet is to seek the assistance of a professional. A phone call, strongly worded letter, or filing a lawsuit seeking injunctive relief are among the ways an attorney may be able to assist you.

Contact 2-3 North Carolina attorneys experienced in copyright law, contracts, and perhaps experience with claims involving invasion of privacy or misappropriation of likeness. Many attorneys will offer a free consultation to determine if they believe you have a valid legal claim and if they are the right person to assist you in resolving it. Pick an attorney with whom you get along with and listen to their advice.

Be sure to have a copy of the contract you signed on hand (if you have a copy) and be prepared to explain how you arrived at this situation. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.