Salem, OR asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for Oregon

Q: I have past history regarding Salem police Oregon not helping/arresting yrs later going threw it disabled

My 21 son gang affliation drug use hasn't changed found lots magic mushrooms took out of my house police made me give it back to him,he abuses me in my house I'm disabled police won't do anything

1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Depending upon what you mean by your son abusing you, you may qualify for a elder-disabled person restraining order. You would be well served by consulting an attorney to determine your rights and whether applying for such a restraining order is likely to be successful. If so, the police will enforce it. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.