Woonsocket, RI asked in Divorce for Rhode Island

Q: What happened if the judge deninies my Decision pending entry of final judgement form

I tried to write the paper myself , however the women at the counter say it is written wrong but they gave it to the judge anyhow .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: This is why we have attorneys working to assist you in properly preparing the forms and navigating the process. If you file defective pleadings, there may be undesirable consequences that may delay or even dismiss your case leaving you to start again, or inadvertently remain legally married despite having done to family court(this is more common than you might imagine). The cost of engaging an attorney saves these headaches.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.