Nice, CA asked in Native American Law and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: I need a native law lawyer for sexual harassment. I work for a native casino

I have been sexually harassed and it was caught on video by surveillance and because the harasser is related to members of the tribal council nothing is being done about it and the GM told me he didn't want to hear about this person sexually harassing me. I also reported it to HR and the "investigated it" and said yes they seen him grab me, pull me to him and kiss me but because later on when I had to approach him in front of customers I had a smile on my face so they are saying it didn't truly bother me, even though I actually went outside and cried my eyes out. Nothing is happening to him and on Friday he gets to come back to work...I need a lawyer that deals with tribes any suggestions??? I have been looking with no luck, because I don't know what lawyer to look for.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in California

A: An employment lawyer should suffice, as you have a potential harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment issue that needs review. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.