La Grange, TX asked in Family Law and Criminal Law for Texas

Q: The Father to my unborn twins, who is on parole assaulted me and charged with 3rd degree felony of C.F.V.

Does this mean that is parole will be revoked? There is an emergency space protective order put in place for myself. I'm still very scared that he will follow through with his death threats and hire someone to kill me, if he could not do it himself. I know that it is going to trial as I was informed today. Does this mean I have to testify on stand and relive this aweful memory once again?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Summersett
Anna Summersett
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am terribly sorry to hear of your situation. Any new offense could be a violation of his parole and he will likely already have a HOLD to answer to the Pardon and Parole Board. A trial on the current offense can proceed in a variety of ways, but likely the prosecution will want you to testify to successfully prosecute. If you ever feel in danger, make sure your local police department and prosecuting attorney are aware.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.