Milford, CT asked in Immigration Law for Connecticut

Q: i am the child of a us citizen brought to the US when i was 11 yrs old illegally from Jamaica in 1999 . i have daca

I was wondering if i would be eligible for the i-601 waiver since i was brought here as a child. I am not married but i do have a 2yr old US citizen son. iv been a DACA recipient since 2013 and just wanted to explore my chances of getting legal status.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Stratford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I see that you are in Milford and wanted to note that we are five minutes from you in Stratford. Regarding your question, I think you should sit down and consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine your best options. Attorney Amy Morilla in my office is a wonderful immigration attorney nearby. Regarding an i-601 waiver, it is my understanding that these are given to people who would otherwise be eligible for a green card but because the U.S. government can refuse entry to anyone who falls within the list of grounds of inadmissibility found in Section 212 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.), a waiver is required. As a result there may be a more appropriate method to achieve your goals. Please feel free to contact us and mention this answer. We can be reached at 203.870.6700

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.