Bethel Park, PA asked in Contracts and Consumer Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Recently put deposit down French drain system due to financing job was never done how do I get deposit back

Gave Ever Dry a deposit of 1000.00 on a job costing 13,000.00 Since I would not take out two different loans from this company someone else called me and would do the loan but a lien would be put on my home said NO! Was told by there finance person that my deposit would come back to me Tharp was two weeks ago still no money called them today left message telling them that I was gong to talk with attorney about my legal rights there financing office told me that the check was on here desk this past Monday waiting for the owner to sign check and would be mailed. This was to happen last Friday when they mail out there checks on July 7 the was told by them that since work was never done and could not get the financing that my deposit would be sent back so what can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathleen M Hyneman
Kathleen M Hyneman
  • Exton, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It is sad to say that often it requires a letter from an attorney to get a quick resolution to a matter. It may be as simple as having a business attorney draft a letter to the company, however, without seeing the documents that were signed, it is not possible to say that your situation can be resolved in this manner. If I were you, I would consult with an attorney and provide them with the document you signed when you placed the deposit. The attorney will be able to tell you what legal rights you have and hopefully it is simply a matter of writing a letter.

Wishing you the best of luck in getting your deposit back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.