Hingham, MA asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: what would be a reason for a court to order a cs wage garnishment if I have always paid my cs

refusing the 45 page parenting agreement .she is threatening me with wage garnishment if I dont, I said file for divorce then I am not signing this crazy parenting agreement unless it is a simple agreement, I have ALWAYS paid her what ever she asked(no court order yet) and I have all the receipts! I am trying to avoid employer involvement ,and this kind of personal intrusion into my work life

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Scott Patterson
R. Scott Patterson
  • Zanesville, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Wage withholding is the rule for court ordered child support, and has been since 1987.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.