Washington, DC asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for District of Columbia

Q: My aunt on behalf of my grandfather filed for cpo in order to evict during the hearing it was established that she had

No power of attorney but she was allowed to sit with him speak for him and coach him but the worst act is when she made a false statement that the police raided the home with an arrest warrant looking for drugs and guns with a warrant with my name on it and that I wasn't arrested because I wasn't home there was a search warrant I was not involved implicated or arrested she repeated the allegations further more my grandfather had swore under oath that he lived in dc for 6 months prior to filing cpo but on paper it clearly showed he had not lived there for over 10 months they know I have a pending misdemeanor charge for a fight she stated apparently I stabbed someone I think this now final protection order will hurt my case.I have no record. .A lot of wrongs were committed not to mention an eviction can I appeal and sue her

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Have a lawyer review these complex facts and allegations with a fine-toothed comb to determine your rights and obligations. You might have a basis for suit if you were illegally defamed or maliciously prosecuted. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, www.AEesq.com. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.