South El Monte, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for District of Columbia

Q: What can I do if my son who's is 9 wants to come home and his dad won't let him neither of us have court order custody

He went to finish the school year no his father's cut all contact no number to reach him no address and I try to call via face book no answer neither of us have a court ordered custody threw the courts and his father just recently started coming back around he been in and out all his life since 8 months old he's pretty much abandoned him up until he was about four or five then came around every year to two years I need help I have no idea what to do I'm located in California

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: You can file for custody rights in court. If the dad abducted your child, you can report that to the police. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.